Working with striped fabric to create directional pattern and impact to pillow designs.
Have you ever cut out and stitched together a pieced, striped pillow, matched the stripes perfectly, only to lay it back out on the table and the stripes were not going in the direction you expected? I have! And I have seen this happen in the classroom as well. That is why I’ve created this educational PDF for you.
This PDF tutorial will help you understand –
- Pieced, striped pattern designs and how they differ from one another.
- How to cut striped fabrics for a specific design.
- Patterning for the pieced, striped pillow.
- How to work with uneven striped fabric.
- How to deal with the bias cuts and how to stabilize your fabric.
- Stitching methods for the best pattern match.
- Pricing for the pieced striped pillow.
Communication techniques for proper pattern design.